Light has always been a symbol of hope and, at the same time, of intellect and ingeniousness. It is an essential element for life on Earth and, every year on May 16th, we celebrate the International Day of Light to reflect on its crucial role in our existence.
This year, we would like to focus on 3 key themes - light as innovation, light as sustainability, and light as source of energy - to explore how it can guide us toward a brighter future.
- Light drives innovation across various fields of human knowledge. From technological advancements and scientific discoveries to cultural expressions, it inspires and shapes our world in remarkable ways.
- Light plays a fundamental role in our transition to a sustainable planet. Energy-efficient and low-consumption lighting can significantly reduce environmental impact. Adopting intelligent lighting policies and management systems enables us to save energy, reducing carbon emissions and preserving natural resources. We all must commit to using light responsibly, avoiding waste, and adopting sustainable practices to create a brighter and ecosystem-friendly environment.
- (Sun)light is an inexhaustible source of energy. Solar energy – the quintessential light - is a free and clean resource that can be used to meet a significant portion of our power needs. Investing in solar technologies and promoting the use of renewables allows us to reduce dependence on fossil fuels and to mitigate climate change.
Solar power has the potential to revolutionise the way industries meet their energy goals, leading to several significant benefits:
- generating electricity without emitting greenhouse gases or harmful pollutants;
- reducing carbon footprint and helping to fight climate change;
- ensuring substantial cost savings, energy independence and resilience;
- managing peak demand periods and enhancing corporate social responsibility.
The International Day of Light is, also for us, a time to reflect on the meaning of light as a precious resource for humanity.
With its research, technologies, projects and principles, Magaldi Green Energy embraces the boundless possibilities of light for a more innovative future.
From energy to good practices, action is the key. On this day, we urge you all to harness the potential of “light energy” to power a more sustainable planet.
Green heat for industries: renewables production is booming, now storage becomes strategic
28 March 2023
by Letizia Magaldi, Magaldi Green Energy Executive Vice President It's enough to put together a couple of data to understand how the energy world is changing - and fast. According to Bloomberg data, about a third of global investments (1.1 billion dollars in 2022) in low-carbon energy technologies were directed to the renewable energy sector. According to the IEA - International Energy Agency report, the world's total capacity of renewable energy is expected to double by 2027, becoming the primary source of global electricity production by 2025 and surpassing coal.Read More
Thermal Energy storage (TES) can be the key to industrial decarbonization in Europe
19 January 2023
Thermal Energy Storage (TES) will play a pivotal role in decarbonising industries process in Europe, according to the new analysis on “Industrial Thermal Energy Storage – Supporting the transition to decarbonise industry” published by the EERA - The European Energy Research Alliance.Read More
The future is renewable, Italy knows it too
30 December 2022
The green, sustainable energy transition accelerated by renewables is the path towards which Europe is moving. The scenario has finally changed. 2022 will surely go down in history as the year for energy debate became openly urgent.Read More
"Integration of technologies and policies for renewable energy is necessary. That’s why”
10 August 2022
by Massimiliano Masi, General Manager of Magaldi Green Energy Middle East Energy transition and energy resilience cannot be achieved without two fundamental parameters, not only for Italy but for Europe as a whole: the actual availability of natural resources - wind, sun, and earth trusted relationships and strategic agreements with other countriesRead More